My photo
I love my dog and I miss my farm

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ruben Garcia and Michael Sommer...Yes You Changed our Lives

Ruben Garcia

Rubens Finally found the best seat at the Saloon
Last month we were fortunate enough to host a few DC skaters from Norway and Barcelona. Ruben Garcia  and Michael SommerI first met Ruben a few years ago through a mutual friend in San Diego. When I heard he was coming back to the states for work for a month I wouldn't have it any other way than for him to stay with us. Even though I am sure DC offers them housing It just wouldn't be the same if he wasn't in our home. Each visit has the same protocol.....the white Mercedes, 20-30 pairs of dc shoes, Rubens mix Cd's, and the Saloon, where EVERYONE knows his name :)
The random chance I met him and now I couldn't imagine my life without him. In-n-Out breakfast, Pizza in Bed, Frank Sinatra, and what was that channel we watched all day laughing hysterically?? 


This visit was a little different...... added bonus. One of Rubens riders Michael Sommer ended up included in our housing project.  When I hear hotel I cringe.....why stay in a hotel when you can have a home. Mikey, as he came to be known around our home, entered our lives and will never leave. I can't get sad anymore when these wonderful people leave.....I just think about the "Next" adventure. 


Michael Sommer

Mikey skating
Mikey had many firsts during this visit.....Jimbo's, Whole Foods, Granola, Heathers 32nd Birthday, Zenbu, Station Sushi, Mac and Cheese, Swami's, Beacons,Melting Pot, Bull Taco, Saloon, Living with two American females........poor kid :P  



Mikey's first Josie
Mikey's first to the Melting Pot with my roommate Aimee
I think it was harder for Mikey to pick a cheese than to pull a skating trick  
Mikey's first Saloon trip and first time with random mans glasses



Mikey left us with a video he shot the opening sequence from our home, his us home. We miss you both so much. See you soon in Barcelona :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment